We’re Looking for New Team Members!
Workplace Architecture + Design, founded (as Workplace Strategies) in 2000, is one of North Carolina’s most cutting-edge design firms. Built on an inside-out, user-driven, and research-based approach to creating thought-forward design solutions for our clients, our energetic and passionate team is looking to expand. We are currently accepting resumes for a full-time Architectural Designer as well as an Interior Design Summer Intern to join our team.
Architectural Designer I
- 5-year Bachelors / Master’s degree in Architecture from an NAAB-accredited program
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience within the architectural / building design industry
- Candidate must be pursuing licensure
- Knowledgeable, and passionate about, sustainable design and its incorporation into architectural design.
- The candidate must view projects from inside-out, focusing on end-user and environmental benefits and performance criteria, before defining a design solution.
- Software skills required:
- REVIT: highly proficient, professional experience preferred
- Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign): Proficient
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint): Proficient
- AutoCAD / SketchUp / Escape: Preferred experience
- 3D Rendering: Proficient
- Knowledge of general architectural principles, practices, codes, and techniques, building materials, and construction methods
- Ability to be proactive in meeting objectives and performance expectations while also being confident in asking appropriate questions and taking guidance from other team members
- Comfortable in a team-based environment – candidate can balance fun and laughter with hard work and dedication (both firm and project dedication)
Interior Design Summer Intern
Direct experience on actual projects that are under design and production in our office over the next few months.
- Support our senior and staff designers on active projects
- Manage our library of color, material, and furniture resources
- Assist with BIM documented production
- Renderings and graphics
- Prepare project presentations and boards
- Assist with office duties as required