We’re Growing and Looking for New Team Members!
Workplace Architecture + Design, founded (as Workplace Strategies) in 2000, is one of North Carolina’s most cutting-edge design firms. Built on an inside-out, user-driven, and research-based approach to creating thought-forward design solutions for our clients, our energetic and passionate team is looking to expand. We are currently accepting resumes for a full-time Architect Level I and an Interior Designer Level II to join our team.
Architect Level I
Workplace Architecture + Design, founded (as Workplace Strategies) in 2000, is one of North Carolina’s most cutting-edge design firms. Built on an inside-out, user-driven, and research-based approach to creating thought-forward design solutions for our clients, our energetic and passionate team is looking to expand. We are searching for an Architect who will have the opportunity to work on all phases of design and contract administration, helping take projects from pre-design and programming all the way to the end of construction and post-occupancy. To the right candidate, this position offers a lot of upside advancement potential, including our firm’s partnership track. We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we care about our clients, projects, and community—if you wish to grow and learn with us, please send resumes and portfolios to hr@workplaceAD.com.
- 5-year Bachelors / Master’s degree in Architecture from an NAAB-accredited program
- Minimum of 3 years (preferred 5 years) experience within the architectural / building design industry
- Candidate must be a licensed architect and/or nearly complete with the licensure process
- Knowledgeable, and passionate about, sustainable design and its incorporation into architectural design.
- The candidate must view projects from inside-out, focusing on end-user and environmental benefits and performance criteria, before defining a design solution.
- Software skills required:
- REVIT: Highly Proficient, professional experience required
- Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign): Proficient
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint): Proficient
- AutoCAD / SketchUp / Escape: Preferred experience
- 3D Rendering: Highly Proficient
- Knowledge of general architectural principles, practices, codes, and techniques, building materials, and construction methods
- Ability to be proactive in meeting objectives and performance expectations while also being confident in asking appropriate questions and taking guidance from other team members
- Comfortable in a team-based environment – candidate can balance fun and laughter with hard work and dedication (both firm and project dedication)
Interior Designer Level II
As an Interior Designer II, you must be highly creative, collaborative, and dedicated to innovative problem-solving and design excellence. The Interior Designer II works under the general supervision of a Designer III or Design Studio Director providing design support primarily in project administration, design development, and contract documents. A Designer II works in collaboration with other Designer I and II level staff.
– Works with team to develop design ideas and create drawings
– Drafts technical drawings
– For smaller projects may oversee all design and drawing
– Preliminary space plans for larger projects
– Provide a review of engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solutions.
– Ensures integration into the overall design
– Assist in managing client expectations; ability to lead presentations
– Work with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
– Develops and delivers overall design and furniture packages for small to medium projects
– Assists in developing the overall design and furniture packages for larger projects
– Manages design budget for assigned projects
– Consistently meets project deadlines and billable hours targets
– May mentor the work of Designer I level staff
– Works with Designer III to conduct client interviews (programming) to determine space needs and requirements
– Contribute to office initiatives and learning programs
– Participate in business development and marketing efforts
Qualifications/ Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– 3+ years of experience as an interior designer, with a focus on commercial interiors
– Four or Five year Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design (CIDA Accredited preferred)
– Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems, and materials
– Outstanding graphic presentation skills
– Excellent AutoCAD skills
– MS Office Suite skills
– Excellent Skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch Up
– Ability to work well in a team environment
– Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
– Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
– NCIDQ certified or pursuing certification