Flywheel – Davidson Location
Location: Davidson, NC
Square Footage: 17,278 SF
The Jay Hurt Hub for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a cutting-edge, LEED-certified facility that aims to both connect with and help build a vibrant Lake Norman-area technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship community. The facility is comprised of three distinct, but fluid areas of program: Social Commons, the Van Deman Innovation Lab, and a Coworking office run by Flywheel, an affiliated Workplace Strategies company.
Connecting companies, community partners, and the college in a world-class collaborative space, the Hurt Hub@Davidson will bring students, faculty, companies, and community partners together through:
- Physical space for innovative individuals and companies
- A Research, Data & Design (R+D2) Program that pairs companies with student and faculty teams to provide real-world problem-solving and project support
- Programming in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Consulting in key areas like design thinking, lean startup and more
- Sponsorship opportunities to support the HUB and advance regional innovation and entrepreneurship
Workplace Strategies provided complete architectural and interior design services, along with strategic programming, expertise in designing flexible innovation and coworking space, and furniture/equipment specification and procurement services. Flywheel will operate the coworking space, it’s second location as it begins to expand statewide.